We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksInsurance Insurance
Skip Navigation LinksImmigration Simcoe > Living > Services & Utilities > Insurance


​​P​​ersonal insurance protects you and your family when accidents happen. Sometimes insurance is required by law (such as automobile insurance) and sometimes insurance is strongly recommended in the case of accident or death (such as life insurance).

Automobile Insurance

To drive a vehicle in Ontario, automobile insurance is required by law. The cost depends on different factors such as your driving record and the type of car you are insuring.  Automobile insurance is purchased directly from insurance providers. You can find a list in the yellow pages of the telephone book or by searching the Yellow Pages online at Yellowpages.ca.  It is recommended to shop around by getting quotes from different insurance companies before signing a contract.

Home/Tenant Insurance

Whether you own or rent your home, it is recommended to purchase insurance to protect your home. If you are a homeowner, depending on your situation, you need property insurance, title insurance and/or mortgage insurance. If you are renting, you should consider tenant insurance to cover your personal assets and protect against damages to your apartment (fire).

An insurance broker can help you choose and buy insurance, including property insurance and mortgage loan insurance. Insurance brokers are listed in the Yellow pages of the telephone book, or by searching the Yellow Pages online at Yellowpages.ca​.

Health Insurance

Visit the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) section to learn more about health insurance in Ontario.​