As an international student in Simcoe County, you will have access to a variety of career support services at your chosen institution.
Georgian College Co-operative Education and Career Success
- Career counselling – helping students to identify what career is best suited for them based on their skills, interests, values, etc. This may also mean career planning to assist in helping students achieve their career goals by furthering their education, networking, etc.
- Assistance with resumes, cover letter, job search and interview skills
- Access to online job postings specifically for Georgian College students and graduates
- Career Resources available through the Career Centre, the Career Hub and online through Blackboard and the Student Portal
- Co-op and internship students attend co-op/internship classes to prepare them for their work terms
- Assistance in planning and preparing for a co-op work term abroad
- Career Fairs and Networking events that are program/industry specific
- Like us on Facebook or Twitter to stay connected
- One-on-one assistance/coaching is available by appointment
- Workshops are offered for a better understanding of resumes, cover letters, job search, networking and employer expectation – specifically to international students
- Over 20 staff members in Co-op & Career with lots of experience and expertise to assist students and graduates in their career related endeavours
- Travel subsidy to get to interviews for co-op opportunities if interviews are off campus and in rural areas
Georgian College co-op education information for international students (FAQ)
Lakehead University Student Success Centre Career Zone
- Our Student Success Centre offers career fairs, resume workshops and can advise you on career options suited to your degree, as well as how to craft an effective resume and prepare for a job interview
- Career Fairs: meet employers on campus who will share tips on finding employment in Canada, and will also be accepting resumes for open positions within their companies
- Online Job Bank: employers from across Canada and around the world want to hire Lakehead University graduates, and they post jobs and open positions in this online Job Bank exclusive to Lakehead University students
- Co-operative Education for selected programs: Get paid work experience in your field before you even graduate.