The Simcoe County Local Immigration Partnership (SCLIP) is a community partnership focused on the development of settlement strategies for newcomers. These strategies bring together and support service delivery to newcomers in Simcoe County while promoting positive relationships, opportunity, and use of local resources effectively.
Local Immigration Partnerships are designed to:
- Support better coordination in the planning and delivery of integration services to newcomers.
- Facilitate the development and application of a community-based settlement plan for newcomers.
- Strengthen the capacity of the community in supporting and welcoming newcomers by improving access to employment and social opportunities.
- Achieve better results due to increased economic, social, and community participation by newcomers.
Employers who wish to get involved with the above-listed LIP strategies can visit simcoe.ca Local Immigration Partnership.
Simcoe County Immigration Website
The immigration portal website offers information and resources to support immigrants newly residing in Simcoe County, and those who may be thinking to re-locate to the region.
The Simcoe County Immigration Portal is a comprehensive online resource to learn about Simcoe County and connect with the community.
- Local community and immigration services.
- Finding work and doing business.
- How to make connections with local agencies.
- The experiences of newcomers living in Simcoe County.
- Simcoe County and its diverse communities.
Regional Employment Website (coming soon):
A regional job posting website is in development for Simcoe County and the District of Muskoka. Employers will be able to post positions at no charge and find local employment services, while job seekers can access current listings all in one convenient location. Regular features such as success stories and employer spotlights will also be included. This website will be featured on www.immigration.simcoe.ca linking immigrant talent directly to local job postings.