OSLT is a FREE work-orientated language training (180 hours) to help newcomers to Canada improve their workplace communication skills. If someone is internationally-trained or has experience in the field of business or information technology but may be experiencing communication barriers in the workplace, OSLT can help.
OSLT can help develop the language and communication skills necessary to:
- Understand the workplace culture in an occupation or sector
- Interact clearly and effectively with clients, co-workers and supervisors
- Communicate effectively via email and telephone
The courses are 180 hours. There are two formats for OSLT course delivery at Georgian College:
- In-class: All 180 hours are delivered in a classroom at Georgian College campus
- A blended, multi-site delivery: These courses are delivered partly in-class (video conferencing with another college) and partly online, usually 25 per cent in class and 75 per cent online.
*For detailed information on this program, read the OSLT Backgrounder.
*For more information about OSLT at Georgian College contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-728-1968 ext. 5329.